Important Announcement: Regarding Coronavirus
We are looking forward to welcoming you to this years GMITE, taking place April 29-May 2, 2020.
The safety and health of our visitors and partners is our number one priority. At present, we do not foresee any impacts for GMITE, but as a precaution we are introducing new measures to increase the safety of all attendees:
- There will be a medical team located onsite to deal with any situations that may arise.
- Hand disinfectors will now be provided at all entrances of the conference, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms at the event;
- We are increasing the frequency with which our sanitary facilities are disinfected.
The World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals; and
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, in accordance with good food safety practices.
Please be assured that we are monitoring the situation very closely and are in constant contact with our sponsors, partners and advisors – all of whom are attending as normal. Should there be any changes to the current status, we will take account of any recommendations from the relevant federal and state authorities, and the municipal health authorities, and implement all appropriate instructions.
GMITE is an experience produced by Questex
Questex will be monitoring the situation closely and will react accordingly via instruction from government authorities. Learn more